Sunday 5 December 2010

Christmas time !!!

The first term of my 2nd year is coming to an end now so i thought i would do a little be of writing to talk about how it went.
From not getting many hours at work over the summer I got a lot of drawing and just creating little thing done. I found lots of inspiration from a lot of things such as books i read etc. So when i returned after the the summer back to the art school i had lots of work already done. This was good because my creative mind did not stop ticking over so i wasn't suck of where to start.

I have found this year to do list have been a massive thing in my practise at the moment. I write down all ideas and things i want to create in a list and just go down the list crossing them off. This takes a lot of my mind and stops me from "over heating" and worrying about if i forget an idea.

This year we had to do some presentation about are practice which i was fine about and everything went OK their. The best thing i took from doing this is that i had to really think about my practice and where all the ideas come from. This opened a lot of doors in my mind and has helped me to become a "better artist". We also had to do a poster presentation as well which is such a stupid idea and everyone in my year and even my tutor agree so hopefully this will be the last year of that. It just didn't fit in the a fine art degree, they encourage us to be free and create this amazing things but then they give us all these rules for what this poster had to be. Their response was that it would help us present to a gallery etc but i just have one word for them "Portfolio"!!!

This term has been crazy busy as well out side of the art school. Me and another artist Liam Clark curated a show from Shhhh Clothing which was a lot of fun and great opportunity and learned more about hanging an exhibition. Also done a lot of drawing of shhhh clothing in their club night which has been great fun and great exposure. I have also branched out in to the public eye with producing a line of T shirts, stickers and more Zines and now being stocked in a shop in Norwich Called Cherry Cherry but another post on that later.

The OnineHUNDRED had a show in the art school which went down a storm and we got some wicked feed back and it was so rad to see some work i am really happy with up in a gallery for everyone to see. I even sold a painting. Now i want to start looking for places outside the art school so i can branch even more in to the public eye.

"What to look out for"

The next year is going to a big one. i got some big plans for my work and in talks with people about some show out side the art school. So get excited its going to be a fun ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment